Areas of Service
Our service covers the Southern region of Tasmania, which encompasses Sorell, Brighton, Glamorgan-Spring Bay, Clarence, Southern Midlands, Kingborough, and the Tasman municipalities. We also can provide services to individuals living in the Hobart and Derwent Valley regions. Please contact SEC Care to discuss the provision of services in your area.
Services at SEC Care
SEC Care provides quality Home Care services to support people to live happy, healthy and independent lives in their home and community. Services include:
- Domestic assistance: Our friendly Community Support Workers help clients with basic cleaning tasks (such as vacuuming and laundry) in their home.
- Personal care: Delivered by qualified Personal Carers, our personal care service assists clients with personal hygiene and daily self-care tasks (such as showering, grooming and dressing).
- Nursing: SEC Care provides quality in-home nursing. Services include; medication management, wound care, continence and catheter management, to name a few.
- Home and garden maintenance: SEC Care has a qualified carpenter who is available to provide assistance with in-home safety, independence and access. To see if our 'handyman' can assist you, please contact us.
SEC Care has three Day Centres located in Brighton, Orford and Sorell. Run by an energetic team, clients have the opportunity to participate in centre-based activities, events and specialised outings. Quality care and meals are provided as part of the service. To see all the latest photos and stories from our Day Centres, check out our latest Client Newsletter.
Access to SEC Care Day Centres is by referral from health professionals, referral agencies and self-referrals. Potential clients undergo a standard assessment to determine eligibility. For more information or assistance with the referral process, please contact us.
Respite care – centre-based and in-home
SEC Care provides respite through our Day Centres or our in-home respite service.
Our respite services provide relief to carers by assisting them with the provisions of their caring role. This service also allows carers and their loved ones to create new relationships and support networks through in-home assistance and community outings and activities.
The SEC Care Foot Clinic is now operating out of the ‘Little House’ (opposite Banjos, next to our office on Somerville Street) every Wednesday and Friday. We also provide this service in Triabunna (every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month.
- Clean your feet.
- Cut your nails.
- Provide relief through therapeutic foot massage.
- Moisturise your feet and legs.
- Provide referrals to podiatrists if necessary.
Foot Care is for any age/anyone and there are subsidised prices available for pensioners. For more information or to book an appointment, please contact us.
The SEC Care Nursing Clinic is now operating out of the ‘Little House’ (opposite Banjos, next to our office on Somerville Street) to help you with all your nursing needs.
Social support is available to assist clients to actively participate in community life through outings and social contact.
Our transport service is available for eligible clients for approved services (such as attending medical appointments). For more information, please contact us.
Funding sources through SEC Care
At SEC Care, we work closely with our Tasmanian and Federal governments to deliver funded and subsidised services to our clients. Please see below the list of funded and subsidised programs available through SEC Care. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility, please contact us.
Our extensive Home Care Packages (HCP) assist people to remain happy and healthy in their homes for as long as possible. HCPs are tailored to the individual, allowing more choice and flexibility for people receiving home care.
Clients seeking an HCP must be assessed and approved by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAT). Following your assessment, our team will work with you to develop an HCP Care Plan tailored to your needs, lifestyle and budget.
SEC Care is proudly registered with the National Disability Insurance Scheme Australia to deliver a selection of quality services through the NDIS.
Access to NDIS funded support can be achieved by directly contacting SEC Care on (03) 6269 1200 or via a Local Area Coordinator through Gateway Tasmania on 1800 171 233.
Home and Community Care (HACC) Program:
At SEC Care, we accept referrals from the Tasmanian Home and Community Care (HACC) Program for people under the age of 65. Eligibility for HACC services are directed and determined through or by Tasmania Carepoint (1300 769 699).
Community Home Support Program (CHSP):
At SEC Care, we accept referrals for CHSP services for people over the age of 65. Eligibility for CHSP services are determined through referral, which are submitted through the My Aged Care Portal online at www.myagedcare.gov.au/referral or by calling 1800 200 422. For assistance with My Aged Care, please contact us.
SEC Care provides two services to veterans through the Department of Veterans' Affairs:
- DVA Nursing – Veterans are required to contact their General Practitioner for a referral prior to receiving funded nursing services through SEC Care.
- Veterans' Home Care – Veterans are required to contact VHC Regional Assessment Agency on 1300 550 450 for an assessment prior to receiving funded home care services through SEC Care.
For more information on Veterans' services through SEC Care, contact us.
Private services/brokered services
Brokered services and private clients are available on request. Services can be provided privately by SEC Care or via a contractual arrangement with other agencies.